Is your computer running slow? Get it to run like it did when it was new & boost productivity. If the computer is infested with pop-ups or mysterious warnings about spyware, registry errors, or viruses, or you are just plain sick of it crawling along like a snail, it may be time for a tune-up!
Other IT companies claim to offer a “tune up” for one low price, or even free with service. But what are they really giving you?
Our Tune-Up is one low price, and is done by a living person who actually touches your PC, and it takes about 2 days. This is because our Tune-Up is extremely thorough & involves a lot of work. This is something that most of the others can’t say. And your programs and data (photos, docs, music, etc) are safe, as it is non-destructive.
- Complete Virus scan and Spyware removal, these can greatly impede your computer’s performance. You may not even know you have any, or you may be getting non-stop warnings and/or error messages!* We use MANY different removal methods, not just one or even a few, so you know your PC will be clean when you get it back.
- Install ALL Microsoft recommended security patches and updates, which Microsoft puts out on a regular basis to patch security holes and fix bugs, and update drivers for hardware, and other programs. This includes patches for Windows and MS office products.
- Disk defragmentation: the hard drive becomes “fragmented” which in turn slows the computer down. Window’s disk defragmenter skips many files, such as restore points and the boot sector (think quicker booting). We’ll take care of that by using a DIFFERENT, BETTER defragger.
- We’ll back up your important system files and others of your choice (default is My Documents folder(s), must specify if different) such as pictures, music, etc. up to 8.5 GB.*
- Un-needed temporary files and programs clutter your hard drive and slow it down. We’ll get rid of them using multiple methods.
- Remove and/or repair registry errors.
- You’ll get quicker boot times once we stop unnecessary programs and services from loading at start-up.
- Hard drive failures can be catastrophic for businesses (lost financial and customer records), and equally troublesome for the normal user (family pictures, music, video, documents, etc). We’ll let you know if failure may be in the near future by running tests on the hard drive that test the mechanical and electrical integrity of it. If failure may be imminent, we’ll go over the options with you.*
- Purge the inside of your computer of dust, which can clog fans and cause the PC to overheat.
- Optimize your browser(s) speed and performance for quicker browsing and page loads.
- Overall Inspection. Should you upgrade? If so, how? Is the cost of upgrading worth it rather than buying a newer PC? We’ll let you know either way.
- Update of all virus protection and spyware detection. Don’t have either/or? We’ll hook you up with some free versions that work just as well as any big name, and we’ll configure them for you also.
- All hard drives inherently have parts that are “defective” or unusable sectors right from the factory. Over time, these may increase, but some can be fixed. We’ll check for errors and fix bad sectors if we can.
- Bring in a second PC on the same visit and we’ll discount the price! More than 2 computers? Call us.
*A re-installation of the operating system may be required in some cases (this is very rare, but may have additional cost). Hard drive tests may predict imminent failure but cannot predict when failure may occur. Tune up price does not cover hardware (if needed) and other issues (if present). Back-up disc is not a substitute for regularly scheduled back-ups.